Friday, September 4, 2009

Swine flu scare & hypocrisy

Showing the hypocrisy generated over swine flu in India though more people die every year due to diseases like malaria and TB. Have a look at the facts given below and decide it yourself:
  • 1,173 people died from malaria in 2007 with nearly 1.5 million reported cases and 93 million probable cases, according to the World Health Organization.
  • 331,268 people died from tuberculosis in India -the highest rate in the world- while there were nearly 1.3 million reported cases.

9 comments:

  1. Good sketches... did you do that?
    http://vinay-kiran.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I made them on my own, I was just scribbling something and this cam into my mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool blog.
    I'm ubuntusl
    http://slubuntu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have bigger diseases to worry about in the states as well. Although swin flu is deadly i don't think it's as big of an epidemic as the media makes it out to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing thoughts like me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I do agree with what you wrote. Swine Flu seems to have generated tremendous amount of hypocrisy which looks nothing as compared to other diseases which you showed in the stats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great drawing (I like the arrows instead of speech bubbles!). The bucket of drugs is really great too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice sketch pranika... good skills

    ReplyDelete