Wednesday, October 20, 2010

CWG volunteering experience!!

After the filling of forms, general, role and venue specific training…..finally I got my roster and started working as a volunteer from1st October!! On reaching my venue i.e. the Main Pess Centre (MPC) situated in Pragati Maidan, I came to know my work…..organising the one to one interviews and press conferences and sitting at the communications help desk. Happy and enthusiastic on the first day I started my work….the first press conference was with team

After my first 2 days slowly I got used to my environment…..I no more jumped at the sight of anybody whom I had seen on TV n never in real life…..to top it all I did not even click a picture of P.Chidambaram when he came to our venue….I still had the enthusiasm in me but no more craziness left in me to run n take a picture or get an autograph!! Volunteering works specifically of such level turn lil weirdos like me into more mature and controlled human beings!! As my role was Press Operations n I want to work in the field of journalism in future seeing great Indian n international journalist work from a close distance was a valuable experience for me. The contacts and the enlightening conversations that I had with some of them would surely help me in time to come. Also such volunteering work changes the way you look at things, I always thought that I could never find somebody worth talking to from a college like Satyawati…..I had a rilli weird image about all the students there….I found rilli good natured people with a good sense of humour coming from the colleges I detested. I am friends with them now! :P

CWG 2010 Volunteering has been a life changing experience for me…..if u get a chance too any day of volunteering for such a grand event….never let it go….its worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment